QuickBooks is an efficient accounting software that is a vital part of your business, especially when you need to manage your finances. If the software does not start, or if you encounter a technical error, then your business will be affected. This blog will give you some quick solutions you can use when QuickBooks Desktop does not start. You can also call the QuickBooks phone number and speak to a software expert to get advanced solutions on how to solve errors related to your accounting software.
Solution 1: Repair your QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
Your QuickBook program has a built-in tool to fix common errors as soon as they arise. You can refer to the steps below run the repair tool and fix your QuickBooks Desktop program:
- Step 1: Save your data and back up your company file.
- Step 2: Restart your computer to ensure no programs affect the repair.
- Step 3: Open the Windows Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Step 4: Select Programs and Features then Uninstall a Program.
- Step 5: Select QuickBooks and then click ‘Uninstall/Change.’
- Step 6: Press Continue, or Next and then select ‘Repair’, then Next.
- Step 7: Once the repair tool is done with the work, select Finish.
You may have to restart your computer before you can reopen QuickBooks to check if the issue is resolved. Once the repair tool is finished you can update your QuickBooks to the latest release so that you have the most recent fixes and security update.
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The Quick Fix option in QuickBooks will shut down any open background processes that are in use and then run a quick repair on your QuickBooks program. You can refer to the steps below to run Quick Fix and troubleshoot QuickBooks:
- Step 1: Close your QuickBooks program, restart your computer and then go to the internet browser.
- Step 2: Open the official QuickBooks website and download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Step 3: Save the QuickBooks installation file in your Downloads folder or somewhere you can easily find it, like your Windows desktop).
- Step 4: Go to the saved folder and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded earlier.
- Step 5: Follow the instructions shown on the screen and complete the process to install the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Step 6: Once the installation is complete you will need to double-click the QuickBooks Tools icon on your desktop to open the tool hub.
- Step 7: In the QuickBooks Tools Hub you will need to select ‘Program Problems’ and then click Quick Fix my Program.
Once the program finishes fixing the problem you can start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file to check if it is working. In case you still cannot review or open the file you will need to ask for technical assistance. You can call the QuickBooks customer service phone number and speak to a software expert to get a detailed guide on what you need to do to implement a more advanced solution. QuickBooks experts are available 24 hours a day to help you fix any errors related to the program.