TurboTax allows you to file your state and federal taxes online through a series of simple steps. E-filing is exceptionally convenient because it reduces the manual paperwork you have to complete while filing your tax returns. However, the filing tax process is not always smooth sailing. Sometimes users experience that their tax returns are not successfully processed even after selecting the ‘Transmit Returns Now’ option. This could occur due to the problem with the internet connection, or it could be a software-related issue. Either way, you will have to address the issue as soon as possible; otherwise, you will not be able to file your returns. You can call the TurboTax customer service number on the website and speak to an expert about the problem. You can also go through the solutions mentioned in this article to troubleshoot the problem on your own.
Check Internet Connection
TurboTax needs a stable internet connection whenever you want to file your tax returns online. If the internet connection is slow or frequently breaks the e-filing transmission will not go through.
- Open the TurboTax software and login in from a different internet browser
- Check to ensure if you can open an alternate website you have not opened before
- Don’t forget to clear the cookies and the cache along with your browsing history
- Turn off your router and modem and then reboot the system
You must speak with the internet service provider to ensure that there are no technical issues with the server or the connections. If possible, try to upgrade your internet subscription to get a more secure internet connection.
Reset Modem and Router
Resetting your devices along with the modem and the router often fixes errors whenever the program freezes during e-filing. Here’s how to reset:
- Turn off your computer and shut off any device connected to the modem.
- Disconnect the modem and router from your computer
- Wait for about half a minute so that your system powers down
- Reconnect your modem and wait for the indicator to show ‘Online’ status
- Turn on the router and wait for the system to identify the network connection
- After connecting your system with secure internet, re-launch the TurboTax and recommence the e-filing process
If your internet connection is secure, but you are still facing issues while trying to file your tax returns, then you can follow the troubleshooting steps given below:
- TurboTax Online: TurboTax regularly releases updates to add new features and fix any bugs that users may have reported. You should make sure you are using the latest available version of TurboTax. If not then it is recommended that you update TurboTax as soon as possible.
- TurboTax Software: TurboTax is compatible with all major browsers and operating systems. But occasionally some third-party apps may interfere with the e-filing transmission and cause errors. You shouldclose the background applications and pause any virus or firewall protection that is active on your system. You can even use the Selective Startup Mode while e-filing your returns.
The transmission is still not going through, and you cannot use the e-filing feature; you can contact TurboTax support number and consult a trained expert on the best way to troubleshoot the issues.