After connecting your credit card account and bank account to QuickBooks Desktop, you avail the option of tracking your income and spending without giving the account information for every transaction. Bank Feeds, the online banking feature of the desktop version, helps you to download transactions and get some other services directly from the software itself. Because of this, you do not need to visit the bank’s website and can easily process the transactions using a credit card and bank account.
However, many users have reported some issues with the banking feature of the QuickBooks accounting software. You may come across various errors, and problems with the QuickBooks bank feeds, but one of the most common errors is QuickBooks Won’t Update Bank Account. The issue arises when users make some changes in their existing accounts, but those changes are not visible in the QuickBooks software. You might get a little frustrated because when the update is not done correctly, it will make you come across certain difficulties while processing the transactions.
If you have been trying to update the bank account and encountering some issues, you can get in touch with the experts at QuickBooks customer support number and seek help from the experts. Before that, peep at some reasons and steps to get rid of the problem.
Reasons for QuickBooks won’t Update Bank Account
- When your internet connection is not stable
- Crash of the computer when trying to update the account
- Some Firewall settings might be preventing QuickBooks from updating the account automatically.
- There can be some issues with your bank’s site
Solutions to overcome the problem:
Method 1: Update the account
The first and the most important step that you need to implement is updating the bank account in the software manually. Once you update the account, the connection between the QuickBooks accounting software and your bank account gets refreshed, and hence conquering the issue.
- Access QuickBooks and visit the Banking menu
- Select Bank and Credit Cards and tap on your account from the given list.
- Finally, hit on the update.
Method 2: Verify if you can access the bank account
- Select ‘Add account’ from the banking menu
- You need to choose the bank in which your account is created
- Enter the correct login details in order to access your bank account
- Make sure that you have complete access to your account. If yes, then the problem is not associated with the bank account at all.
If you follow all the above-mentioned methods, you would soon get out of the problem. In case you need further help, reaching out to QuickBooks support number would be a nice choice as the experts will solve all your problems quickly.