QuickBooks is one of the most recommended accounting software because of the features that they provide. They have developed their features according to the requirements of the users and have ensured that the users are able to handle their accounting needs efficiently. QuickBooks software is really easy to use and effectively aids in growing the user’s business. QuickBooks is efficiently capable of handling up to 30 concurrent users and managing large amounts of data. It has also been seen that the users come across the issue of not being able to connect to a remote server. The users can learn more about this issue in this blog. They also have the option of connecting with QuickBooks customer support number, where they would get professional assistance regarding this issue.
Reasons for the user not being able to connect with Remote Server
Some of the most common reasons because of which the users are unable to connect with the Remote Server are as follows:
- When a third party firewall is installed on the network.
- When the server is disconnected or not set up properly.
- QuickBooks database server manager is not able to run the server because of its bad condition.
How to resolve the issue of not being able to connect with Remote Server
Some of the most effective ways to solve the issue of the user not being able to connect with the remote server are as stated below:
Update to the latest Version
- The users would have to update to the latest release page.
- Ensure that the desired product is selected and if not, click on the option to change link and choose your QuickBooks product.
- Now to download the updated file, you would have to click on the update program.
- If you wish to learn how to setup QuickBooks to automatically download and install the latest updates, click setup automatic updates.
Check Settings Webmail Preferences
- Now you would have to go to the QuickBooks Edit menu and choose the option of preference.
- Now choose the send forms, on the left pane.
- Select the mail account that you are using and then click on Edit, under ‘My Preferences.’
- Then to the SMTP server details section and then set the server name and port to your email provider settings in the edit email info screen.
- To set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop for a list of SMTP server and ports.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings to Default
- The user would have to access Internet Explorer in your system.
- Now click on the Tools menu or the gear icon.
- Go to the Internet Option.
- Click on the advanced tab then click the option of restore advanced settings.
- Click OK and then close the browser.
Create the Network Data File
- On your keyboard, you would have to press the windows key once.
- Then type QB Database, Server manager.
- Further, you would have to choose the Database Server Manager.
- If you are unable to find the QB database server manager in the program list, you would have to uninstall and then reinstall QB.
- Further, confirm the installation process.
- Then in the QB Database Server Manager window, browse to the location of the folder containing the company file and then click on Add folder.
- When the folder is added, opt the option of the scan.
- When the scan is complete, you will find this file under the QB company file.
- Now verify the .nd files are created for each data file.
If you are unable to solve the issue using the given solutions, then the best option which would be left is to get connected with QuickBooks helpline number. The professionally trained executives would ensure that the issue is eradicated from the root cause.