QuickBooks by Intuit is one of the best accounting software and setting up an e-file on it is where most of us get stuck. Don’t you think? In this blog, we will be sharing the steps and methods in order to set up an e-file in the QuickBooks. E-filing in the financial world is also known as filing the tax forms electronically, which is basically growing today. In order to start the setup, you need to enroll yourself in E-file and pay to the file and pay taxes electronically. How to do that let’s start focusing on the below-mentioned steps. In case you require quick and reasonable assistance from the experts, you can get in touch with them at the QuickBooks customer support number.
In order to enroll turn on your ‘E-File and Pay’ feature, follow the below-mentioned steps:
How to enroll in E-file and Pay?
- Sign up in a new account from the E-file and Pay setup, in case you have not.
- Now, turn on your E-file and Pay feature on your QuickBooks Online.
- Then go to the ‘Settings’ option and select ‘Payroll Settings.’
- In the ‘Taxes’ section, tap on E-file and E-pay.
- An in the E-pay and E-file Setup, click on E-file and E-pay recommended.
- Now, select the Federal taxes along with your state –
- In case your state is on the list, see the Electronic Services offered by the States, if they are supporting the E-file and pay for your state.
- In case you need to enroll any additional state in the coming future, you are required to go back on the same page ad select for a new state.
- Then, in case you have not linked your bank account, you would need to enter the bank account details in order to proceed further.
- After getting this done, opt for E-sign to sign all you uploaded documents. You can even print and get them signed, but you need to contact the OEM site.
- While asking for the sign on the documents, you would be required to answer a list of questions, answer it and pass for agency selection.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions in order to enroll with each of the prevailing agencies and then click on ‘Next’ to move to the next series of questions.
- In case you fail to do so, you would be required to go to the ‘Help’ in the ‘Online Payroll’ and select for ‘Contact Us’ and connect with the OEM site in order to send all the documents via the payroll support.
- Once the processing is complete from the OEM site, you would be receiving an email when your payroll account will be activated for E-File and Pay feature.
- Last but not least, click on ‘Finish’ once the process is completed and now as the state’s enrolment for each state offers a different process with different amounts of time, it may take time.
How to check the status of your e-filing?
- Go the ‘File Forms’ tab and click on the E-Filing tab displayed in the ‘Filing History’ area.
- Now, find the form you have E-Filed and look into the Status column.
These steps would definitely help you set up your E-File Account in QuickBooks Online and would even help you track it down whenever you want to. You can even take the help of the expert professionals at the QuickBooks technical support number and ask for quick and reasonable assistance.