Banking errors can be bad for business and need to be addressed as soon as possible. You can go through this article to see how you can use QuickBooks Online to resolve banking errors and grow your business. You can also contact QuickBooks customer support number and consult a trained expert to get additional troubleshooting steps to fix any banking error.
Step 1: Access a manual update on your bank account:
Before you update your bank account on QuickBooks, you should remember that even if the transaction is visible on the bank’s website, you will have to wait for 24 hours before you can download it. Once all the transactions are available you can follow these steps to update your account:
- Login into QuickBooks and click on ‘Banking’ in the left menu
- Unselect the accounts you do not need to update
- Blue color indicates the bank is selected bank, grey indicates it’s unselected.
- Click the Update option located near the upper right corner of your screen.
- Enter your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials and press ‘Continue Update.’
If the update is successful, you will receive a notification confirming the same. You will also notice a change in the total number of transactions recorded along with a change in the date of the last update.
Step 2: Login your bank’s website through the online banking URL given by the bank:
In order to resolve the banking errors, you need to make sure you have the correct URL link to connect to your bank. You can follow the steps below to verify your connection through the link used in QuickBooks Online:
- Click on the Banking option and press ‘Add account.’
- Go through the bank list and search for your financial institution.
- Click the name of the bank and press the link for the bank’s website.
- Make sure you can run the accounts using this website
- Check if you can see the account summary along with the account history
- Ensure all the account details are visible and there are no errors
QuickBooks users need to make sure they can run the account via the link so that they maintain a connection to the bank. Even if there are many logins, with different types of accounts, the bank will only have one website to connect to QuickBooks Online.
Step 3: Check for any alterations needed by your bank
After you successfully access your account, you need to check for any messages or notifications from your bank that may indicate that there is a problem with your account. Here are some of the things you can look out for
- A text message from your bank regarding an accounting error
- Configuration alerts to inform you of a banking error
- Message or reminders to update your password
- Notifications that the bank has enabled new security features
Once you have completed all the steps given in this article, you just need to be patient and give the bank a little time so that they can fix the errors. If you find that the error is not resolved, you can call the QuickBooks help number and speak to a certified expert to check how you can troubleshoot the problem further.