The W2 form is very important as it is the part of an employee’s wage paid report, social security report, tax statement, and report of SSA. If you don’t know how to print the W-2 form, then you should read this guide as it has all the required information. You can even contact the professionals by dialing QuickBooks toll-free number, which is available at all hours for your help.
What Do You Need to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks?
Some basic things that you need for printing W2 forms in QuickBooks are:
- Check if the paper quality is good and is visible to others.
- You don’t need special ink; you can print the W-2 form with the non-reflective black ink.
- If you have local and state taxes to pay, you need to print lots of W2 forms.
- The printer which is used for printing W2 form must be compatible with your system.
- You must have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
Methods to Print W2 In QuickBooks
To print a W2 form, you need a payroll subscription, here we have mentioned steps that you have to follow for printing the form as per the payroll service you are using.
Print W2 form in QuickBooks Online
To print W2 form in the QuickBooks Online, you need to follow below-mentioned steps:
- Open the QuickBooks software and then go to the ‘Taxes’ section and choose the ‘Payroll tax’ option.
- In the next step, go to the ‘Forms’> ‘Annual Forms’ link.
- Select a specific employee name or the ‘All Employees’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the link of W-2, copies B, C & 2.
- After selecting you will see ‘Printable Employee Copies: Form W-2 page’, there you need to choose the time period from the drop-down list.
- Now you have to click on the ‘View’ to open the ‘Adobe Reader’ in the new window.
- Then click on the ‘Print Icon’ to print the form.
Print W2 form in QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
You need to first select the paper by following these steps:
- Go to the ‘Gear’ icon> Payroll Settings > Preference > Form Printing
- Now select the option of how you want to print the form (W-2s, 3-part, 4-part) and then click ‘Ok’ to choose the type.
- In the next step, you can view, and then print the W-2 forms.
- To print the W-2 form, you have to follow the same steps that are given above in the ‘Printing w2 form in QuickBooks Online’.
Print W2 form in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced
To print w2 form in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced carefully follow the below steps:
- First, select the paper through the ‘Setup’ and then go to Preference > Form Printing.
- Select the option of needed W-2 printing, and then click on ‘Ok’.
- Now you can view the print w-2 forms, by visiting the ‘Taxes & Forms’, and then from the ‘Forms’ click on the ‘Annual Forms’.
- Then you have to select W-2, copies B, C & 2, to view the form, and then print it.
Print W2 form in Intuit Online Full Service
Before printing the W2 form, you have to select the paper in Intuit Online Full Service:
- Go the ‘Tax Records’ tab, and then select the W-2 Copies B, C & 2.
- Now you have to print the form for any specific employee and make sure that the instructions will print along with Copy B.
- You have to write ‘Reissued Statement’ at the top of the form if the print that comes is a repeat.
Print W2 form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted
Now see the W2 form printing steps in the QuickBooks Desktop:
- First, go to the ‘Payroll Tax Center’ and select the ‘Employees’ for the ‘Payroll Center’.
- Now click on the ‘File Forms’> ‘View/Print Forms & W-2s’.
- Enter the payroll pin and then click ‘Ok’.
- You have to go to the ‘W-2s’ tab and change the year of the form that you need.
- Click on the ‘Employees’ to choose all the employees, or you can choose any individual employees from the list.
- Now you have to click on the button of ‘Open/Save Selected’ which will open the print instruction and then you have to choose the option.
- Now you will receive a message on your screen, and then you have to load the exact number of papers into the printer.
- Then an adobe file will open automatically then you have to go to the ‘File’ menu and click on the ‘Print’ option to print the form.
Print W2 form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced or Standard
For this, you need first to select the paper to be it a blank perforated paper or 3-up or 4-up paper, and even pre-printed W-2 forms, now you have to proceed with the print process:
- You need to open the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop > ‘Employees’> ‘Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s’> ‘Process Payroll Forms’>
- Now go to ‘File Forms’ tab > ‘Annual Form W-2/W-3-Wage and Tax Statement/Transmittal’ > ‘Create Form’ > ‘File Form’
- In the Process W-2s, you can select ‘All Employees’ if you wish to file the form for all the employees.
- Now enter the year and click ‘Ok’. Then click on ‘Select Employees for Form W-2/W-3’ to open it and then choose employees for which you want the records.
- Review the W-2 form and click on the ‘Submit Form’ and then you will see the on-screen instructions for printing the file.
If you find difficulty in understanding the steps of printing, then it’s best that you need to call experts by dialing the QuickBooks support number. This number remains accessible at all 24 hours without any time and location constraints.