Are you aware of this amazing accounting software? If not, then you are surely missing out on something very crucial. Because if you have not to get your hand on this, then obviously you are wasting your time and effort doing it manually. However, why you stress yourself and make it complicated when you have an expert helping hand. QuickBooks by Intuit is a leading accounting software that not only helps you in marinating your company’s and employee’s finances in a systemized manner but also helps you file your tax returns on time. It really does not matter if you have a strong, established business or just starting up with something new; managing your accounts is crucial for every organization. In case you are already using this advanced software, then there can be plenty of reasons why you might want to import banking transactions into QuickBooks Online. One of the most important factors is it keeps a perfect track of all your income and expenditure, and eventually, you get better insights into your business performance. In order to make this action happen, you can either follow the below-mentioned methods or simply get on a direct call with the expert professionals at the QuickBooks customer service number and ask for appropriate assistance.
Method 1: Automatically Importing Banking Transactions in the QuickBooks Online
1. Before staring the banking transaction importing process on QuickBooks, ensure that you have the correct required credentials of your bank.
2. Open the QuickBooks banking tab and type in your bank name in giving a space bar, or you can even select your bank from the list underneath the search box.
3. A screen of the login page will open up. Now, you can enter your bank ID and password and wait for QuickBooks to connect with your bank.
4. You can now see the accounts you have with this bank, where you can checkmark the boxes against each account that you want to connect to QuickBooks Online.
5. Enter all the required details like the name, account type, description, etc. of the bank and click on the ‘Save’ and ‘Close’ tab to confirm and save the changes you made.
6. Now, you can select the date range of the transactions that you want to import on QuickBooks online. The maximum limit for the same is 90 days.
7. Then, by clicking on the ‘connect’ button, you can connect and download the bank transactions to QuickBooks Online.
Method 2: Manually Importing Banking Transactions in the QuickBooks Online
1. Open the Banking Center in the left icon bar and select ‘Transaction and Banking,’ after which you will be able to see the QuickBooks Online Banking Transaction tab.
2. Now find and click on the ‘Upload a file’ tab to continue.
3. Then, you can browse and select the specific file you want to upload on the QuickBooks Online.
4. On the same window, also select the bank account that you want to link to the QuickBooks and then carry forward to the next step.
5. Now, to set up the QuickBooks accounts, you have to enter the required information like the account type, name, description, etc.
6. Then, you have to map your QuickBooks Online field to your financial institution’s account field.
7. The next step is to checkmark the boxes against the transactions that you want to export to the QuickBooks online. Click on ‘YES.’
8. Once the importing of the transaction is completed, a window will pop up saying ‘QuickBooks Online Bank Transaction Import Successful.’ Close it and you are done.
These troubleshooting methods can really be a life saviour while importing the transactions. However, there are times when you might get an error message saying ‘QuickBooks was not able to complete the request.’ If in case, you get the same glitch, there is nothing to worry about. You can simply get in touch with trained and qualified professionals at the QuickBooks helpline number and get your query resolved. They are there to solve all your questions and give a perfect solution to all your issues.