Are you witnessing the update error 1328 in QuickBooks? If yes, then you need to resolve this error as soon as possible. This error code 1328 usually occurs when you are trying to update, install, uninstall, or repair the QuickBooks accounting software. The file which is referenced by the error 1328 is similar to c:\config.msi\PT***.TMP but it will be displayed differently on your system screen. This unfavorable event will not let you move forward while using QuickBooks accounting software that is why it is recommended to take the help of the technicians to resolve it. You can call the QuickBooks helpline number to speak with the experts so that they can fix the error quickly without any difficulty.
Why QuickBooks Update Error 1328 Occur?
You must be wondering what the common causes that are responsible for the occurrence of QuickBooks update error 1328 are? Some of the reasons are given below:
- Facing trouble while downloading accounting software
- QuickBooks software is corrupted because of some unknown reasons.
- Incorrect and improper installation of the QuickBooks software
- Improper shutdown of the system due to power failure
- There might be some failure related to virus scanning.
- Network error arises while downloading the accounting software
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 1328
Whenever QuickBooks error code 1328 occurs then the QuickBooks software stops working. So, it is advised that you should resolve the QuickBooks update error 1328 as soon as possible. You can follow the troubleshooting steps given below in this blog:
Locate the config.msi File
- First, you have to click on the start button and then select the explore option.
- Then you need to double click on the C drive.
- Here you need to locate ‘Show hidden files and folders’ option and for this:
- You have to click on Tools and then select the Folder option.
- Then go to the View tab you have to select the option of Hidden Files and Folders.
- After that, click on the Apply and then tap on the OK button.
- Now, you would need to enable ‘Show protected operating system files.
- After that, you need to choose the Folders option again.
- Henceforth, in the View tab and you have to deselect Hide protected operating system files.
- Again, you need to click on the Apply and then on the OK button.
- Then rename the config.msi file and for doing this right-click on the file and then select the Rename option.
- Add old in the end of the file name and then click on enter.
- After doing this, you must hide the protected operating system files and folders again.
Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- You need first to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Then save the file on your desktop and then run the QBInstall Tool after closing all open programs.
- You need to restart your system after running this tool to ensure that all the components are correctly updated.
Download Windows Updates
If you have an older or outdated version of the Windows operating system, then you may not be able to install or open the QuickBooks accounting software correctly. For accessing the Windows updates, you need to press on the Windows Key and enter Windows Update on the Search Box. Once the installation of recommended updates is done, then you can restart or reboot your system, then open the QuickBooks Desktop to see if the error has been resolved or not.
Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install
- You first need to uninstall the QuickBooks accounting software
- After that, you have to clean install the QuickBooks, and for doing this, you can use any options from the below two:
- Install QuickBooks software directly from the installation CD.
- Use the official website to download the setup file and then install QuickBooks software
If the update error persists then you need to get connected with the experts by calling QuickBooks phone number which is accessible all 24 hours of a day. The certified technicians will make sure to take proper recovery steps to resolve the query so that you can access your accounting software anytime without any flaw.