Maintaining the financial records of the company and filing tax returns is undoubtedly a critical and time taking task. But why to create a fuss when you have the best accounting software in the market. QuickBooks, by Intuit, helps in systematically organizing your data. Be it a top-notch MNC or small-medium sized business, the need for an accountant is never-ending. QuickBooks helps its users in every possible manner to make their work stress free. Despite of its unmatchable features, you are bound to face few errors while working on the software. One such error is QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS058. It is a standard error that pops up due to many human and machine errors that are, no doubt, easy to fix. As it happens to affect the production and performance of the unique software program, it is better to resolve it beforehand. In order to overcome this error, you can either follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods or simply get in touch with expert professionals at the QuickBooks tech support number. They are trained and qualified to give you the best possible solutions for all your queries.
Before getting into the solution, you should be aware of the causes, as to why this error appears –
- While you are getting prepared to download and install a payroll update
- When the download fails to complete
- Due to the high usage of software & hardware programs
Let’s look at the methods to overcome this error, in order, make your work go smooth –
1. Update the QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks and press the ‘help’ tab.
- Click on ‘Update QuickBooks
- Restart your QuickBooks software
- Now, install the payroll updates
- Click on ‘Employees,’ press ‘get Payroll Updates and finally tap the ‘Update’ tab.
2. Check the company’s file errors
- Press the F2 key or Ctrl+1, while you are on QuickBooks
- On the product information key screen, click on F3
- Go to the ‘Tech Help’ window and click on ‘Open File.’
- Check if there is an error code available
- If yes, follow the instructions therein
3. Restart the QuickBooks Software
- If you find no error, close QuickBooks Desktop
- Shut down QuickBooks and update the software
- Access the ‘Reboot.bat utility.’
- Now, restart your system and re-open QuickBooks
- Then, install your ‘Payroll Update’ again
- If the issue isn’t resolved, you can install and uninstall the software in a new directory
After following these troubleshooting steps, you will surely overcome this error. But, just in case you don’t, you can directly get in touch with the experts at the QuickBooks phone number. They are highly qualified and are there to assist you 24*7.