When you hear “small-business accounting software” you probably think of QuickBooks because it is the most popular. Being the world’s leading accounting and financial management software, QuickBooks helps businesses to accomplish their business goals. It’s an innovative accounting software that offers top-class accounting features with ease to access. If you are looking for such business accounting solution, QuickBooks deserves to be your first choice.
But sometimes, you may face an error while working on QuickBooks that says “incorrect password error.” You probably tend to panic after getting this error, but fret not! We have got you covered! In this blog, we will help you to recover this issue with these below-simplified steps and enlighten you to fix it quickly.
If you have a shortage of time and do not want to go through these steps, you can skip it. Instead, directly reach our technical professionals at QuickBooks customer support number, who are available to serve you with the live instant tech support all around the clock.
Let’s know the possible causes behind this problem:
- When passwords are case sensitive
- Missing or incorrect accessibility settings
- Unnecessary spaces in between the password
- Incorrect keyboard function
- The appearance of a false login screen
Pro Tip: Try to create a complex password instead of the normal one, with a minimum of seven characters (comprises of at least one number, letters, special character, one upper case letter).
Ways To Fix QuickBooks Company File Incorrect Password Issue
All you have to do is to understand how to fix this error quickly by following ways.
You Can Use Password Reset Tool
The Password Reset Tool is an automated tool mainly designed for the QuickBooks desktop to reset the QB admin password. This tool comes handy when a user forgets the password.
Users will have to provide a 15 digit license number along with the full name, contact number, and passcode. These given details become validated as per the registration information that gets saved in a database.
Ways To Use An Automated Password Reset Tool For QuickBooks Desktop
Follow these steps and start by choosing the tool depending on the version of the desktop you use (US-version / Uk-version / Canadian Version).
Step 1: Find Out The Version Of Your Desktop
First, you should know about the version of your desktop. For that, find out the product version, release number, and then, choose the product from the list. Also, understand the ways to identify the version by the following instructions.
For Statement Writer:
- In QuickBooks, select ‘Reports’ and then ‘QuickBooks Statement Writer’
- Now, select ‘Option’ and go to- Help > About > QuickBooks Statement Writers
For Merchant Service:
- QuickBooks itself uses merchant service. Thus, there is no version or release.
For Basic or Advanced QuickBooks Payroll:
- For this, first select Employees > Payroll Centers > Payroll Tab
For QuickBooks Mac and POS:
- Go to the ‘Help’ option and select ‘Product Information’. After this, you could be able to see the entire version release information.
Step 2: Select Updated QuickBooks Version To Your QB Company File
- Without any doubt, the first thing which you will have to do is to select the ‘Version Section’
- Provide your license number with business details during the registration process and click on ‘Submit’
- Now, checkmark the box by accepting ‘License Agreement’ and hit ‘Download’
- Open the mail with the token number, which you may have received just after this step.
- Type that given ‘Token Number’ and select the version of the dropdown menu of QuickBooks products
- Provide a ‘New Password’
- Confirm the ‘New Password’ which you have given and click on ‘Reset the Password’, and voila! You have now successfully created your new QuickBooks account!
We hope that you find this blog informative and useful for your error issue. And, if the problem still prevails, don’t hesitate to directly reach our expert techies at QuickBooks helpline number for instant live tech support to resolve this signing issue. You can easily speak to our tech support representatives who are available all around the clock just to give you a step-by-step guide. By following those steps, you can easily overcome the error without any hassle.