QuickBooks will generally update your financial data as soon as possible so that you get all the information about your bank transactions in one place. However, there are instances when users are forced to call the QuickBooks technical support number because specific bank transactions are missing. This blog will highlight some simple solutions you can use to find missing bank transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solutions to find missing bank transactions in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Check the Audit Report
The audit trail report will give you a complete overview of all your transactional data as well as reflect the deleted or missing transactions. You can refer to the steps given below to open the audit trail report in QuickBooks:
- Open the company file or transaction you’d like to investigate.
- Click ‘More’ and select Audit History to open the Audit Trail.
- Press’ Show All’ to get a side-by-side comparison and extended view
- Select Compare and check for any transaction changes in the Audit History.
Solution 2: Locate the company File
One reason why you cannot locate certain bank transactions is that the company file is damaged or corrupted. You can follow the steps below to restore a backup of the company file and then double-check the transactions:
- Open the File menu and click ‘Open or Restore Company.’
- Click ‘Restore a Backup File’ and then select a Local backup.
- Choose the company file you want to restore then press ‘Next.’
- Select the location to save the restored company file and then click the ‘Save’ option.
Solution 3: Manually download Transactions
If you notice that certain transactions are missing in QuickBooks, the best thing would be to download the latest ones available manually. You can refer to the instructions below to learn how to manually download the transactions:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Banking menu.
- Click the blue tile beside the bank account you want to update.
- Press the ‘Update’ option and wait for the process to complete.
- Once you get a notification when the update finished you can check your bank feed again for the missing transactions.
Keep in mind that the solutions and steps mentioned above may differ according to which version of QuickBooks you are using. In case you need additional help implementing the solutions mentioned above you can always call the QuickBooks customer care number and ask for help. Certified software experts and trained technicians are available 24 hour a day to give you the best advice for your QuickBooks software.