Syncing your accounting data with your Quicken software works to your advantage because it allows you to optimize your accounting tasks. However, there are times when you will need to call the Quicken support number because the software is unable to connect to the server or because there is a sync error. In case your work is urgent you can refer to the steps mentioned in this blog to try and fix the issues while you are waiting to connect with a Quicken customer support representative.
Steps to fix Quicken Server or Sync Error
The main reason why users encounter sync error is because there are outdated login credentials stored in Quicken or because if a network issue. However, regardless of the cause of the problem, you can refer to the steps below to try and resolve the error:
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Tools’ section and select ‘Open Step’ then press Update.
- Step 2: You need to see that the Sync to Quicken Cloud remains unchecked.
- Step 3: Press ‘Update Now’ and check the press is complete without errors.
- Step 4: Go back to the ‘Tools’ section and click the ‘Add account’ option.
- Step 5: Locate the Cash Account section enter the appropriate account name.
- Step 6: Select the current date to start the tracking process and enter $0 in the balance section.
Once you made the necessary changes and updated the balance you will need to ensure that the “Sync to Quicken Cloud” box remains unchecked and click on the ‘Finish’ option. Once you successfully sync Quicken to the cloud you will need to edit the account settings to resolve the server error.
You can refer to the steps below to edit the settings and sync Quicken:
- Step 1: Navigate to ‘Computer & Alerts’and click ‘Edit Account Setting.’
- Step 2: Deselect all accounts by clicking ‘None’ atthe bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Pressthe checkbox next to the cash account that you created earlier.
- Step 4: Go to ‘Update Accounts’ section and wait for the process to finish.
- Step 5: Select ‘Edit Account Setting’ again and click ‘Update Account.’
- Step 6: Click ‘Alter Account Setting’ and uncheck the new money account.
After you finish making the necessary changes to the account settings, open the ‘Tool’ section and go to ‘One Step Update.’ Check and make sure the Sync to Quicken Cloud box is unchecked and checkmark the ‘Update Now’ option. In case you find that the error still appears when you reopen Quicken you can call the Quicken customer service number and ask for help.