This error code 5502 in QuickBooks happens when there is an interruption in the sync. And when the sync gets interrupted, users get a message that reads ‘sync is not completed properly’. You will get an early warning saying that the QuickBooks data has been uploaded but failed to connect through the server. The reason or the cause behind this error is threefold; it could be due to augmentation in the company’s document, seizing of matter through online services or when a different party’s application gets connected to the software. If you want to get more details of the matter you can get it through QuickBooks customer care number.
You can choose either to rename the company’s file in the system or create a new folder and copy the company files. Either one of these solutions will suffice so pick the one you feel most comfortable executing.
Solution 1: Rename the QB.ND file
- Find the folder containing the company file.
- Now go to the relative.ND file which is stored in the company file data.
- Follow this up by modifying the.ND file by clicking right and add the word ‘.OLD’ after the file name.
- Follow it up by scanning the file using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. To proceed with the scan you must.
- Press on the windows key on your keyboard and click on QB Database Server Manager.
- When you see the list of the available folders, click on ‘add the folder’.
- After this click ‘ok’ and ‘scan’.
Solution 2: Create a new folder and copy the company files
- Create or open a new folder and paste the file there. You need to make sure to display the entire extension.
- Now rename the file with QBM and alter the extension if you can.
- Save this file and open QuickBooks accounting software.
- After this, you must restore the transferable files and rename the QBB extension if the file does not open.
- Lastly, restore backups and if the file still won’t open, rename it with ‘.QBX extension’ and see if this helps.
These two solutions or methods of fixing error 5502 in QuickBooks have proven to be equally effective so choose which one seems simpler to you and proceed with it. If you face any technical glitches or snags, simply dial QuickBooks helpline number to get remote assistance from expert technicians.