When it comes to your financial data or your bank accounts, you need to make sure everything is accurate otherwise your business can go in loss. Data errors, such as incorrect accounts or transactions can cause errors in QuickBooks. If you accidentally included a bank account in your accounting software you should consider deleting it. You can call the QuickBooks support number and speak to an experienced technician to find out how to delete the account. You can also go through the steps mentioned in the blog to get a general idea about the process.
Steps to Disconnect an Account in QuickBooks
Before you go ahead and delete the account you will first need to disconnect the account. You can refer to the steps below to disconnect an account in QuickBooks:
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks and click the ‘Banking’ option.
- Step 2: Go to the navigation bar and then select the Banking sub-tab.
- Step 3: Choose the QuickBooks Bank account you want to delete.
- Step 4: Click on the Edit icon and then press ‘Edit account info.’
- Step 5: When the Account window opens you will need to select the option that says ‘Disconnect this account on save.’
Once you edit the account info you can click on ‘Save’ and then press ‘Close.’ After you deactivate the account you should note that the account remains in QuickBooks, but isn’t automatically updated.
Steps to Delete an Accounts QuickBooks
Deleting your bank account will lead to several changes in QuickBooks. You need to make sure you understand the effects before you fully delete an account. Once you are sure that you want to delete the account you can follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks and go to the menu section.
- Step 2: Click the Gear icon, and then go to the Chart of Accounts.
- Step 3: Search the list and select the bank account you want to delete.
- Step 4: Click on the drop-down arrow beside the ‘View register’ option.
- Step 5: Select ‘Delete’ and confirm that you want to delete the account.
If you have any trouble deleting your bank account from QuickBooks you can always call the QuickBooks customer service number and ask for help. Software technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you troubleshoot any error related to your accounting program. QuickBooks experts will be able to help you out with any query you may have. The next time you are faced with a technical error related to QuickBooks make sure you call the customer service number and ask for help.