The only way to take stock of your business and check if you are making a profit is if you track the cash flow i.e. how much money is deposited and how much money is withdrawn. One of the best features of QuickBooks is that it allows you to keep track of all our deposits and withdrawals, at the click of a button. However, if you want your business to run smoothly you need to make sure your financial data is accurate. In case you encounter any discrepancy in the data, such as an incorrect deposit, you can QuickBooks customer support number and ask for help. You can also go through this blog to get a better idea about what you need to do to delete a recorded deposit in QuickBooks.
Steps to Delete a Recorded Deposit in QuickBooks
All of your financial data can be reviewed through the ‘Banking’ option in QuickBooks. You can refer to the steps given below to double-check and then delete a recorded deposit in case there is an error:
- Step 1: Open your QuickBooks accounting software and log in.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Menu’ option and then go to the Banking section.
- Step 3: Select the blue tile for the bank account you need to check.
- Step 4: Click on the Reviewed tab and look for the deposit you need.
- Step 5: Select the blue transaction link in the Added or Matched column.
- Step 6: Double-check the matched transaction and see if there is an error.
- Step 7: Select Undo from the Action column to delete the deposit.
You need to keep in mind, when removing the deposit, the payment is removed if you are using the Undeposited Funds account. In case you cannot edit the transaction using the ‘Banking’ option you can follow the steps below to manually delete the payment:
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks and click on ‘Record Deposits’ on the homepage
- Step 2: Click the ‘Cancel’ option once the Payments Deposit window opens.
- Step 3: Select ‘Previous’ and review the list of transactions and deposits.
- Step 4: Look for the deposit or payment that you need to delete.
- Step 5: Click the ‘Edit’ option and select ‘Delete Deposit’ to complete the process.
It is worth noting that the instructions given above may differ based on which version of QuickBooks you use. If you have any trouble completing the steps mentioned above you can call the QuickBooks toll-free number and speak to a trained expert. Qualified software technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you troubleshoot any error connected to your QuickBooks accounting software.